Becoming a Turkish citizen by making a real estate property purchase is the easiest and quickest way to obtain citizenship among five other options. The regulation announced in The Official Gazette in 19.09.2018 dramatically reduced the minimum amount of the property needs to be purchased, making the acquirement of Turkish citizenship easier than before. Any investor who purchases a real estate property worth a minimum of $400.000 can obtain Turkish citizenship and benefit from the advantages it brings. Citizenship process being highly convenient and many valuable real estate options Turkey has to offer appeals to the successful investors. Here are the details an investor needs to know about becoming a citizen by investing in Turkey.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How to Acquire Turkish Citizenship? What are the Advantages?
Travel Without a Visa
Which countries can Turkish citizens visit without a visa?
Turkish Citizenship Application Process
An investor who have purchased a residential, commercial or a similar type of real estate worth a minimum of $400.000 should submit their application form to The General Directorate of Land Registry and Cadastre. Upon the application, real estate appraisers calculate the value of the property in order to verify if it is worth the said amount. Once it is verified, The General Directorate of Land Registry and Cadastre starts the citizenship process in 3 to 7 seven days. Thereafter, the investor should apply to The Bureau of Immigration Services to obtain residence permit which can be granted within the same day. At this point where the citizenship application is approved and the residence permit is acquired, investors should apply to The General Directorate of Civil Registration and Nationality. All process is finalized within 30 days. Trem Global supports its customers and keeps track of each procedures during the citizenship process.
Open for most Countries
Visa free travel
Instant visa-free travel to 115 countries
Real Estate in Turkey
- Any investor who have purchased a property worth a minimum of $400.000 has the right to become a Turkish citizen, regardless of their current nationalities.
- Once can invest not only in residential properties but also in different types of real estate such as offices or stores in order to become a Turkish citizen.
- Investing in only one real estate is not necessary. Investors can purchase multiple properties that is worth a minimum of $400.000 when combined together.
- While the investors wait for the process to finalize, they and their family members are given temporary residence permit.
- Not only the investor but also their spouse and children under the age of 18 or children with disabilities obtain Turkish citizenship.
Do I have to buy only one real estate property worth a minimum of $400.000, or can I buy multiple properties to reach the limit?
How can I get Turkish citizenship if I don’t have the time to go there and deal with the procedures?
Are the properties whose payment is in installments and/or the properties which aren’t completed valid for the application?
Having attended the appointment, is it okay for me to go abroad while waiting for my residence card?
Being a Turkish citizen provides you a wide range of advantageous circumstances.
Best Country For Your Family
- Turkey has effective education institutions and a high-level healthcare system
- Your family can be included in your citizenship process
- Turkey is one of the most cost-effective country to live in
- Turkey has many trade agreements enabling various priorities for investors
- You can take advantage of Customs Union Agreement between EU and Turkey
- Benefit from the 20% drop in estate prices
- Turkey’s real estate market had a 20% increase in the transactions in 2019
- Turkish passport allows you to travel to more than 115 countries
- List includes Japan, South Korea, Singapore major countries in Asia and South America
- Visa-free countries list is growing constantly
- It’s easy to get visas with Turkish passport
- Turkey is a democratic and reliable country
- No requirements to dwell in Turkey
- Double citizenship is allowed in Turkey
- Turkish citizenship open to most nationalities
115 Visa-Free Travel Score
The list of the visa-free countries you can travel with Turkish Passaport.
- Antigua and Barbuda
- Costa Rica
- Dominican Republic
- El Salvador
- Saint Kitts and Nevis
- Saint Lucia
- Saint Vincent and Grenadines
- Trinidad and Tobago
- Cape Verde*
- Côte d'Ivoire*
- São Tomé and Príncipe
- South Africa
- Hong Kong
- South Korea
- Palestine Territories
- Marshal Islands*
- Sri Lanka